On 12/27/2012 10:09 AM, Ian Whitfield wrote:

Hi Ian,

So all I need now is for the Sub-Form to AUTOMATICALLY pick-up the
Members ID from the main Form and to use as the filter criteria for
which eMails to show. (I will also use this form to enter new eMails so
the automatic pick-up of the Member's ID is also important here).

I'm a bit lost here. Surely, the field used in your main table to show the Member's ID in your main form should reference the Member ID of your e-mail table, via a FOREIGN KEY relationship between your tables ? Perhaps I have misunderstood what exactly it is that you are trying to achieve or how exactly you have structured your tables ?

If you need a value to appear in your main table, which is taken from your email table, then use the FOREIGN KEY relationship definition. If, however, you are inserting a value of MemberID into your e-mail table from your main table, then you need to have the MemberID field of your email table defined as a FOREIGN KEY reference for the main table. You can't expect both tables to know simultaneously whether to refer/receive at the same time, that won't happen as you would have created a circular reference.

Your questions seem to me to be far more related to how to normalize your data relationships than how to get Base to do what you want with them, and would probably be better asked in a forum dealing with such questions, but I could be misreading / misunderstanding the whole point.

Alex