On 01/01/2013 09:19 PM, Girvin R. Herr wrote:

Hi Girvin,

The point I was trying to make was that when I forget and use dashes,
this particular error message was not very informative and I, for one,
would like to see more diagnostic information in the Java exception
error dialog so I could determine what the problem is.  Since posting
this message, I have given it some thought and now believe the problem
may not be with Base so much as with Java not reporting more
information.  Not knowing the inner workings of both Base and Java, not
to mention the Connector/driver, I cannot tell where the error message
problem may be.

The problem may possibly lie in the changes to the date recognition code that has been recently introduced into the various modules depending on the locale being used for LO, but I can't say for sure, only someone like Eike Rathke, who was involved with the changes, could comment as to whether this is some unforeseen knock-on effect (or even deliberate).

Alex