Hi :)
MS Office has similar number of clicks to select similar areas.  Most programs follow the same
convention but it's fairly new so people might not have noticed yet.

My approach is a bit of a blunderbuss rather than to try to find  tiny details.  If LibreOffice
starts acting weirdly then one of my 1st steps is to rename the UserProfile
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/UserProfile
which is roughly equivalent to what people often think a reinstall does.  Of course a reinstall
just picks up the existing settings, configurations, galleries, templates and all that from the
previous version so it doesn't "get back to factory defaults".  Renaming the user-profile does and
it's much easier to do, plus it makes it easier to back-up your setting and all that.

Regards from

Tom :)