Hi :)
Is the document in Odt format or is it a DocX or Doc?  Odt tends to behave better.

I've had similar problems when pasting things from Word documents and the things you have already
tried are usually more than enough to fix it.  Another thing i tried was to "copy" the heading from
LO but then re-paste it a few lines later using

Shift Ctrl v

to paste as unformatted text, again, and then applied the heading style to it.  That's usually
fixed the most awkward ones.  Then just deleted the previous version of the heading along with a
few lines before and after.

Regards from
Tom :)