On 12/20/2012 02:49 AM, e-letter wrote:
On 19/12/2012, Jay Lozier <jslozier@gmail.com> wrote:

I have never seen anyone use this feature in MSO (or LO). IMHO most
people find the it confusing or annoying. What seemed to work best for
most collaborative documents was to have one person be responsible for
final edits after getting input from all the others and the other
participants be responsible for a section of the document.
In this case, LO could be used by the responsible person to distribute
odf documents and then do final editing. Possible, but not as
time-efficient as the software code environment whereby version
control is used, to allow simultaneous editing of code. It would be
nice if LO allowed version control (e.g. integration with a client
such as ultravnc).

The documents I think that are being discussed are legal briefs, reports, etc. where true version control is probably overkill.

If I am writing code I almost certainly would not use LO but either an IDE or an enhanced text editor. The formating I need is to highlight syntax and possible syntactical errors as I enter the code.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com