On 12/20/2012 08:12 AM, Anna Martynova wrote:
Hello.

I noticed a strange thing in Windows version of Libre Office. When I print
to printer that is configured with driver "MS Publisher Imagesetter",
sometimes print files are really huge. For testing purpose I used "Print to
file" option.
For example I attached a 13 kilobyte odt file that turns into 48 megabytes
print file. It contains several lines of letters and numbers, and then
broken link to image (copied from web browser).
If I print this document to another printer (with different driver, for
example, HP LaserJet 2050) the size of print jobs is quite reasonable (less
than 1 megabyte).

Is it normal behavior? Have anyone else noticed that?
We met with it when we were trying to understand why printing from Libre
Office takes so much time in RDP terminal session. :) (We had files that
produced even 250 Mb of print data, of course it took much time to send it
to terminal client's printer).

Thanks in advance.

Anna

What is the default system printer?

MS Publisher is part of the MSO office suite and is available in the more expensive versions. I have no idea what the MS Publisher Imagesetter is for unless it is doing something like converting other MSO formats to MS Publisher format much like various Print to PDF converters work. If my guess is correct then I am not surprised that it garbled other file formats.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com