Le 20/12/12 14:46, Ian Whitfield a écrit :

Thanks for the feed-back Alex - appreciated!!

OK - I have two Tables (Members and eMails). The "Main Form" brings up
the Members Table with a button to pop-up a sub-Form with eMails that
the Member has sent or I have sent to him/her. (This part I have working
but at the moment it brings up ALL eMails!!)

If your main form already contains the ID of the member, why don't you
use the member ID as a filter criteria for your email form ?

In form edit mode of your email subform, click on the form properties
button, and then click on the three dots button to the right of the
Filter field. This opens a filter dialog, where you can enter a Named
Parameter for your filter, e.g.

MemberID = :ID

If you then save this Filter criteria, you will notice that the Filter
field has been filled. You can then quit the Form Properties dialog and
save your form.

When you open your email subform, you will be asked to provide the ID of
the member and the form will filter the results on the basis of that ID.

The second Form is for me to enter the eMails into the eMail Table. For
this I need to be able to select the Member to get the Key ID so that
only the eMails to and from the Member are found later for the pop-up
Sub Form on the Main Form. Once I have selected the correct member it
would be good to extract other needed fields from the Members Table to
go into the eMails Form as well. (On reflection -  -  I think this last
step could be done away with provided I can at least get the Member's ID
Key out of the Members Table and insert it into the eMail Form as the
Foreign Key).

For this, you probably need to go and check out the OOo users forum and
ask your question there, this kind of question has been asked there many
times before and will probably require a macro.

Alex