Le 18/12/12 12:04, Ian Whitfield a écrit :

Hi Ian,

On my Main "Membership" Form I have added a button to bring-up the eMail
SubForm. (I have this part working!) But what I see as the best way to
do the last step is to add a ListBox named "Find Member" to the SubForm
and this will read from a Query holding the concatanated First Name and
Surname of each Member and that Member's ID Key. Once these are inserted
into the SubForm it will extract all the relative eMails, sort them into
date order and display them.

What do you mean exactly by "inserted into the Subform" ? Your e-mail
subform just contains e-mails, or does it hold something else ? I
imagine that there is a foreign key reference to the member in the
e-mail table ? I'm a bit confused about what you're trying to achieve here.

So - Questions and Advice please on the following...

 * Is this the right way to approach this requirement?
 * Will the Query update automatically each time it is called so as to
   pick-up new eMails?
 * How do I make the ListBox 'read' the results of the Query?
 * How do I make these results automatically insert into their
   respective fields on the SubForm?
 * How do I make the SubForm do the sort as a final step? (Maybe a
   'Sort' Button??)

As far as I can see, the only way to achieve what you want to do is via
macros, as it looks like you want to retrieve a dataset from a filter or
query, and then inject part of the information from that dataset into
another table ?

Alex