Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2012 Archives by date, by thread · List index

Now I am reaching the end of my knowledge, but I don't give up yet.

1 - What kind of keyboard are you using? (Portugese, English, or Japanese layout)
2 - How do you change to IME input (please explain keystrokes or mouse clicks)

Additionally, you could try to "unzip" the odt-file and look into the code behind to see if there is something which leads to understanding and solution. However, I am not the expert to explain the needed procedure. Have a look in Ask LibO and search a bit. There was recently an explanation on how to "unzip" an odt file.

Maybe someone in this forum could give some explanations on "unzipping" and odt-file

On 2012-11-16 08:59, Minix wrote:
After the update the problem persisted, as expected.

I attached to this e-mail a screenshot that shows the problem in action.
The keyboard layouts used are English International and Microsoft IME for

What I did in that screenshot:
* I typed "Português English" with the English International layout
* Switched to Japanese IME
* Typed "日本語"
* Switched back to English International
* Typed "Português English".

The first two words are treated as Portuguese, the third as Japanese, and
the last two as English.

I have already tried setting the locale to "Português (Brasil)", but the
problem persists. I have also resetted the user profile, as another user
suggested, to no avail.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Minix <> wrote:

Thank you, but that didn't seem to fix the problem.

I see there's a new LibreOffice version. I believe this issue wasn't
corrected, but I'll update it anyway. I'll let you know if the behavior

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM, MiguelAngel <>wrote:

El 07/11/12 1:28, Minix escribió:

Thank you.

I have reproduced your exact same steps, but with Brazilian Portuguese
instead of German. The document language switches back to English as soon
as I start typing again. Likewise, the default language in
"Tools>Options>Language Settings>Languages>Default languages for
also switches back to English/Japanese when this happens.

Whenever I set the language back to Portuguese, newly typed text is
as English. I can, for example, select all the text in Portuguese and set
it to be treated as Portuguese, but any new or modified text gets treated
as English.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Dr. R. O Stapf

  I am not sure if my test matches your situation:
I have LibO:
- User interface English
- Asian language: Japanese
- German dictionary installed
- Normally I am using English and Japanese

- Opened a new writer document, started typing in German.
- The spellchecker showed errors; red wavy lines under words.
- Changed to German (Tools/Language/For all text / German)
- Spellchecker removed red wavy lines under words.
- Switch over to Japanese writing (半角/全角key) and wrote a Japanese
(Kanji, hiragana, katakana) without any problems. No wavy red lines
the Japanese words.
- Switched back from Japanese (半角/全角key again) and continued writing
No wavy red lines under the German words. Thus writer recognized German
- copied Japanese text into clipboard and pasted at the end of the
text (no switching to Japanese writing)
- Continued writing German and all is okay.

I am using LibO 3.5.7 on XP / SP3

Hope it gives you a hint.

On 2012-11-06 23:05, Minix wrote:

  Good afternoon.
I'm sorry for insisting, but it's been 13 days and I haven't had a
response, nor were able to fix the issue.

At the very least, is anyone here affected by this problem?

Thank you.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Minix <> wrote:

   Good evening.

I'm running LibreOffice on Windows 7. My default language in
LibreOffice is set to Brazilian Portuguese.

When I'm typing a text in Portuguese and insert Japanese text, the
AutoCorrect changes the language to the following text to English. The
that has already been typed as Portuguese remains unaffected. I am
set the text manually back to Portuguese, but as soon as Japanese
text is
typed, the roman script that comes afterward is treated again as

Is this a known problem? Do anyone know a solution or workaround that
doesn't require manually changing the language every time?

Thank you.

- Raphael Campos

For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: users+help@global.libreoffice.*
org <users%2Bhelp@global.**<>
**** <**get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-**>
Posting guidelines + more: 
List archive: 
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be

  Hi Raphael,
Have you tried resetting the user profile.
Often solves strange problems.**UserProfile<>

I guess the font language is right in the paragraph and character styles.

Miguel Ángel.

For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: users+help@global.libreoffice.**
org <>
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.****
Netiquette <>
List archive: 
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be

For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.