I am not sure if my test matches your situation:
I have LibO:
- User interface English
- Asian language: Japanese
- German dictionary installed
- Normally I am using English and Japanese
- Opened a new writer document, started typing in German.
- The spellchecker showed errors; red wavy lines under words.
- Changed to German (Tools/Language/For all text / German)
- Spellchecker removed red wavy lines under words.
- Switch over to Japanese writing (半角／全角key) and wrote a Japanese sentence (Kanji, hiragana,
katakana) without any problems. No wavy red lines under the Japanese words.
- Switched back from Japanese (半角／全角key again) and continued writing German.
No wavy red lines under the German words. Thus writer recognized German correctly.
- copied Japanese text into clipboard and pasted at the end of the German text (no switching to
- Continued writing German and all is okay.
I am using LibO 3.5.7 on XP / SP3
Hope it gives you a hint.
On 2012-11-06 23:05, Minix wrote:
I'm sorry for insisting, but it's been 13 days and I haven't had a single
response, nor were able to fix the issue.
At the very least, is anyone here affected by this problem?
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Minix <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I'm running LibreOffice 188.8.131.52 on Windows 7. My default language in
LibreOffice is set to Brazilian Portuguese.
When I'm typing a text in Portuguese and insert Japanese text, the
AutoCorrect changes the language to the following text to English. The text
that has already been typed as Portuguese remains unaffected. I am able to
set the text manually back to Portuguese, but as soon as Japanese text is
typed, the roman script that comes afterward is treated again as English.
Is this a known problem? Do anyone know a solution or workaround that
doesn't require manually changing the language every time?
- Raphael Campos
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy