On 10/19/2012 09:08 PM, anne-ology wrote:
       One suggestion:
            convert to .pdf -
                from here you can view all in order to do whatever;
                   as: 'select all' text --> delete; the images would
remain yet the text would be gone.
       Then you could 'save as' in whatever form you desire.

Hello All,

Unfortunately, as stated, this is for batch jobs. Converting to PDF is
an option (only because of other filters such as pdftotext). The problem
with that, is this is a system that will be used heavily. Every
conversion setup will slow things down and possibly cause loss of
context of the text (where such context exists).

I believe it is a bug that Impress and Calc won't do text export. Yes,
Calc does .csv, but the commas are a problem. A text export should use
spaces (if this can be done on the command line then calc works. Impress
needs a text export.

Why? It is text, let me get it out easily. Why not through <insert
convoluted conversion chain>? Because, the text, as I understood it, is
stored in UTF-8 in all ODT/ODS/ODP, etc. formats. Is this true for files
imported (Word, Excel, etc.)? I don't know. If I just needed the Open
Document formats, I would use odt2txt, ods2txt, odp2txt, etc. (I believe
I have seen all of them). However, I need fast, one-stop conversion to
UTF-8 text for all office formats that LibreOffice can read.

My feature request: Please, implement conversion to text for Impress and
Calc as well. As stated, just dump the text out of ODP (use a newline or
other whitespace character between text objects and slides, otherwise
just straight text). For ODS, csv export works if the comma can be
replaced by a space.

If a bug report belongs elsewhere, I am sorry. I was unable to find a
bugzilla or similar and this seemed the best list for it.

Thank you,
Trever Adams