On Friday, October 19, 2012 10:29:32 AM Girvin R. Herr wrote:
Joel Madero wrote:
Ah, yes my mistake for assuming what you were using. I'll have to look
into
writer. I just tried inserting a table (1x1) and putting the formula, no
good.

Regards,
Joel

<snip>

   1. Place the cursor where you want the date.
   2. Select Insert -> Fields -> Other
   3. Select the "Document" tab
   4. Select "Date" for "Type"
   5. Select "Date" for "Select"
   6. Choose your date format under "Format".
   7. Click on "Insert".

If in step #5 you select "Date (Fixed)", I think that will insert
today's date but it will not update in future edits.  Even this
procedure may not work in a template.  More investigation is needed.
Hope this helps.
Girvin Herr
When I last used it, the "Date (Fixed)" inserted the date on the day its set
up and does not update the date. If you select "Date" it changes the date
everytime the document is opened, also changes it when person recieving the
document recieves it, I'm told.

I send out a newletter each month and the date is changed each time I update
it before I send it and then when it goes out.

--
openSUSE 12.2(Linux 3.4.11-2.16-desktop x86_64)|
KDE 4.9.2 "release 511"|Intel core2duo 2.5 MHZ,|8GB DDR3|GeForce