Hi Trever,

Trever L. Adams schrieb:
Hello Everyone,

I am strugling with something. I need to dump the text out of
presentation files (Impress, PowerPoint, anything that LibreOffice
Impress can read).

The problem, I can convert to pdf, but not text. Is there any reason
why? After all, grabbing text strings should be easy. However, I get the
following

$ libreoffice --headless --convert-to txt:Text FilterPresentation.odp
convert /tmp/FilterPresentation.odp -> /tmp/FilterPresentation.txt using
Text
Overwriting: /tmp/FilterPresentation.txt
Error: Please reverify input parameters...

Also, why is it that I cannot have any instance of libreoffice running
and have this work at all? (This is testing with open windows, will it
work with just --headless?? I need to be able to do batch jobs that may
overlap.)

Thank you for any help anyone may have.

Why do you need text? Because a typical slide has text not only in the presentation objects but also in graphic objects, it seem useless to me. I do not see an export filter to text in the UI. Where do you find an information about such a filter?

Have you considered to use the file format "OpenDocument Presentation (Flat XML)"? You get a human readable XML file, which you can process then, for example with an XSLT filter, oder store by a control system. This format is specified in ODF as well.

Kind regards
Regina