       yes, I agree.

       AND I could send him a step-by-step process
          BUT I was turned off by his foul language;
       if he asks again - and nicely - I'll respond to him.

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 3:55 AM, Felmon Davis <davisf@union.edu> wrote:

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012, Lostsoul wrote:

      Ha ha very funny that know one can tell me why word problems hate
windows 7

I think people have explained that 'word problems', that is,
word-processors, do not hate Windows 7. unless I'm misremembering, several
have indicated they are running Libreoffice in particular on Windows 7
without any issues. and a couple have had issues like yourself.

this is par for the course - some have problems, some don't.

why _you_ in particular are having trouble may relate in part to Andreas's
suggestion that you do a 'crash course' (he wrote 'crash curse' but maybe
that's freudian <g>).

but if you want a serious answer, you need to follow normal etiquette and
protocol and ask a serious question.

and note that it's sometimes a lot harder to pose a serious question about
computers than it is to answer it. sometimes your question has to provide a
careful understandable description of the problem (and best one problem at
a time).

 never had any word programs hate vista so explain if you dare; you'd be
the first why the word programs hate win 7 and why no one but no one has a
fix; this i got to hear.   How do i turn off file extensions in windows 7
64 bit

that's easy to google. remember this forum is about Libreoffice? just look
it up on google, you don't need to fuss with the '64 bit' part.

for that matter, if you are having trouble with abiword, you also should
google or find a forum addressing that. (I don't use abiword but I assume
you do a 'save as' or 'export to' to get a Word document out of it but best
look it up and not rely on someone's guess.)

I strongly back Andreas's idea that you get some help from someone nearby
or take a curse or something like that.

   -  later . .

F.