In general I am of the impression that Calc and Excel have some limitations when converting from one into the other. I recently also observered some problems with charts but had no time to write them down, thus I don't remember details sufficiently to list them here. Just don't be surprised about loss of functionality etc. I used LO 3.5.6.2 or the 3.4.5 release at that time on XP SP3.

A chart as one sheet is, like Rolf mentioned, not a feature of Calc - that is a pitty.

ROSt