Seems I've forgotten to reply-to-all (sorry peeps) ...

OK. I've clearly not explained myself. And I know Windows isn't
Mac/*nix/etc.

I know I can rename the files back and forth all day long. That is EXACTLY
what I'm already doing. It is plainly a stupid way to go.

I know I could type lovely long command lines - but why? I want to just
double click a file and get it to do what I want. And I can't seem to find
even the simplest questions.

If I could find the mechanics that associates a file extension to a
program, I'd be onto a winner with the 'open -a ...' option.

'open -a LibreOffice.app --args --calc
/development/_data_canonical/acczuk.tsv'

works perfectly from the command line. It does exactly what I want.

So, how do I make THIS the command that is ran when I double click a file?

--
Richard Quadling | richard@fantasyshopper.com |
http://www.fantasyshopper.com

Fantasy Shopper <http://www.fantasyshopper.com/>
http://www.fantasyshopper.com/

Fantasy Shopper: a fun new website where you can fulfill all your shopping
fantasies! With more than 300 real shops you can build your Fantasy
Wardrobe with real clothes, style outfits for you and friends and compete
with the community for real prizes.