Hi :)
For this answer i think after successfully opening 1 test-file renamed from tsv to csv and then
changing the default from commas to tabs Calc should (hopefully) automatically open tsv's just by
double-clicking on the tsv files.

So, Jays answer becomes the set-up process and then normal use is just to open the files as normal
without having to rename any of them.

As usual i think Andreas' answer, the database route, might well be a technically better answer and
if you can follow it you gain far more flexibility in using the data contained in the tsv.  The
idea of using a database is a bit scary because
1.  people make such a fuss about it and
2.  there is not much documentation about how to set-up so that it works well (but Andreas is
already helping you with targeted and highly specific advice about that and that type of advice
beats generic documentation anyway).

Regards from
Tom :)