       yes, Andrew, it works that way ...
           but I don't want to complete the PP then select the font-color;
              I want to see each slide finished before going on to the next
one.

       With each font, the placement & size changes, therefore by waiting
until after the PP is completed before choosing the font would mean I'd
have to re-do each slide again to be sure the placement was just so.  That
method is even more time consuming.
           [this probably explains why so many PPs look messy, with the
lettering catawampus, the pictures skewed, ... ]

       BTW FYI - right below the timing button, is the apply to all button.