Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately, it's 'clear as mud' ;-)
(1) - I want to be able to make the font of a single file
automatic ... not necessarily using that font again in another file.
Basically, using styles allows just that: set the styles of a particular
(2) - the style of the file otherwise is defaulted for that
... just not the font.
Now, I'm lost ;)
(3) - F11 does nothing in Impress; nor any of these F keys in
Well, mine does. Try the Format / Styles and formatting menu which does
This Styles and formatting window lists the styles that are currently
defined in the document.
(4) - propagate ... hierarchy ... ??? [from gardening to
history-genealogy ... ]
Styles can be hierarchically connected with each other: a style can be the
parent of another one.
EG: in Impress, in the Styles and formatting window (see 3. above) click
on the Presentation styles button (2nd from the left on the top row). Also,
select the Hierarchy type in the bottom list. You'll notice that the styles
named Outline1..Outline9 are members of the same "family".
Any change applied to a parent automagically propagates ;) to its heirs.
This means that setting the font of a parent automatically sets its
I hope I made me clear this time.
(5) - FR LibO ??? [parlez-vous francais?]
At times, yes ;) but not on this board.
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux