On 06/02/2012 05:50 PM, Andreas Säger wrote:
Am 02.06.2012 23:26, Jay Lozier wrote:

I use 3.5.4.2 from the repository for both business and personal use and
do not have any issues for what I need and do with it. But I have
limited business needs with the most important issue being the ability
to open and to create docx and xlsx files from and for others.

Can you please explain why you create docx and xlsx and not doc and xls?

To keep others happy, actually I save in both MSO and MSOX formats for
different MS users. But I always create and save in ODF formats for the
originals. The conversion is done as the last step and no one has
reported any problems with the MSOX formats. Most of the MS users I deal
with do not know I was not using some version of MSO office.

More importantly for me is the reverse: MSO/MSOX to ODF. When I receive
a document, again I save as ODF for my "original" and keep the MSO/MSOX
unchanged.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com