  1. Are you making sure that the OLE object is embedded and not just linked?  Are you also making
sure that the option to show a thumbnail instead of the rendering of the OLE object is not selected?

  2. Are you using more than one computer for this work?    And is the original application that
produces the OLE object available on each machine where you want to view the document correctly?

  3. You might do better pasting the drawing from the application where you are creating it into
the destination document, using Copy and Paste [Special...] as appropriate to select a
vector-graphic insertion.

It is often the case that a bad bitmapped version of an image will be used as a substitute when the
vector-graphic form cannot be accessed/utilized for some reason.

 - Dennis