Hi :)
Time to post a bug-report then, or use the existing one which seems to have got a bit muddled.

In wikipedia i found there is apparently a LotusWord viewer, see bottom of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Lotus_Word_Pro
but if that only helps convert 1 doc at a time then it's pretty useless.  Perhaps the link might be
useful for the bug-report?

According to IBM their files 'should' open with no problems in MS Word
http://www-01.ibm.com/software/lotus/products/smartsuite/wordprofeatures.html
but i never believe anything big companies say until after trying it.  It's bad enough that a free
product fails to deliver what it has apparently promised but paying too much money to buy something
that also doesn't work would be the icing on the cake.

If you are not able to try opening a lwp file in Word feel free to send me a private email with a
copy of one of the documents that doesn't work in LO as i might be able to try it in Word 2007 and
Word 2010 later today or tomorrow.  I still think it would be better to let the devs have a copy of
at least 1 file that doesn't work as there is far more chance of them fixing the filter.  If it
does open in MS Word then there might be a way to convert the documents in large batches.

Regards from
Tom :)