This sounds to me like an e-mail processing issue; not an LO problem.

What exactly is the evidence that some of the e-mails are not sent?
How large is the document that you are trying to send?
What is your e-mail environment? Your client? Your messaging server?
What is your antivirus environment? Are you in control of it?

In my humble experience, mass mailings (5 might be interpreted as "mass" depending on the antivirus / antispam enviroment) are very fragile. Attachments (your document) can be unexpectedly bulky and trigger ISP traffic limits. The slightest syntax error in the list(s) of recipients can make it appear that the entire mailing went wrong.

I don't propose to troubleshoot an e-mail / server problem in this forum. I'm trying to see on which side of the fence your issue may be hiding.

Good luck,
David