On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Alex Thurgood <alex.thurgood@gmail.com>wrote:

As for your dropdown list :
Enter Form Edit mode.
Select your control (possibly having to "Enter Group" first)
Right-mouse button click on the control and choose "Replace with"
Choose Combobox
Now right-mouse button click on your combobox control.

At this point I'm following along perfectly fine.

Choose "Control" from the context menu.
In the "List Content Type" choose SQL from the dropdown choices.
In the List Content field, enter :
SELECT "myfield" FROM "mytable", replacing "myfield" with the field you
want the data to be selected from and "mytable" with the table name from
which the data is taken.

Here is where I think we're getting mixed up. The contents of the combobox.
I want the contents of the ComboBox to be "Singstar 80s", "Singstar 90s",
"Singstar Amped" that's it. I don't want to fill it is the contents of
another table or field. I just want to enter in a choices literally. This is
the problem I'm having. Very simple situation.

Is my only option to create a new table with the list of discs and then
populate the dropdown using that? There has to be a way to just type in the
items I want in the dropdown.

Close the Control Properties window.
Save the changes to your form.
Close your form.
Double-click on your form to open it in data edit/entry mode. You should be
able to now select pre-entered data from the dropdown list and additionally
add new data into the same field. Just remember to save your changes before
you close the form again (or just switch to another record), and the
database before you close the ODB file.

Alex