Hi :)
Don't worry about such mistakes.  Just try to get it right next time.

We 'should' be more understanding of new people as most of us made mistakes when first using this
style of thing.  Most forums and such have their own quirks even tho they try to be fairly
consistent with each other.

I think we try to just politely point out things that have gone wrong without really meaning it to
be a criticism.  It doesn't always sound that way though!  These lists have people from all around
the world and from many different sub-cultures within the range of countries so misunderstandings
are highly likely.  Of course some people are just plain rude and make the rest of us cringe so
it's difficult to know a person's intention.  Some people just have "bad hair days" or over-react
to an often-repeated problem in a "blame the user" way rather than trying to see how the system
could be changed to make it easier for new people that may not have decades of experience with
newsgroups.  In some sub-cultures people are only polite to non-friends.  Someone has a signature
something like "Only friends argue.  Other people just don't care." although the person with that
signature is then just openly helpful and kind lol

I haven't yet got to the email that caused offence but if it was from Alex then i seriously doubt
he intended to be anything less than helpful and kind.

Regards from
Tom :)