Le 28/10/11 14:49, Ian Whitfield a écrit :

First of all I THOUGHT I HAD created a new thread - I gave it a new
Title - is that not enough??

Not if you hit reply to an existing thread, even if you change the
title, it will still be considered part of the original thread topic.

   * OS is Linux Mint 10 KDE.
   *   LO Version is 3.3.4 OOO330m19 (Build:401), tag libreoffice-3.3.4.1.
       Downloaded from the LO site. (deb file).
   *   In an effort to improve the performance of OO Base I now run Sun
     Microsystems Java 1.6.0_21 which has resulted in better speed but
     in my opinion is still VERY slow!!

Good stuff, thanks for the info.

   * If I open the DB in LO I can SEE and EDIT my Tables, Queries and
     Reports. But if I do anything with Forms LO just closes!! (So I
     guess you are right in pointing at Forms)

   * I was able to save a copy of my Form in OO,  (the program selected
     .odt as the format), but when I try to open this with LO Writer LO
     again just closes!!

So does this mean I must re-create my Form in LO? Then I wonder how to
link it to my Tables??

OK, so the problem seems to be narrowed down to that form.

A few further questions :
- does the form contain any image fields ?

- does the form contain any boolean fields ?

- is the form based on a joined query (multitable), a view, or just a
simple one table query ?

I would be happy to put my DB up for examination but I am _VERY_
protective of the contents as it is all personal information of the
Members in my Group and I don't want that getting into the 'wrong'
hands!! Any suggestion??

The form saved outside of the database shouldn't contain any personal
data other than that of the user that created it (and only then if you
have filled in those details in the corresponding LO Options screen). Of
course, it will contain references to the fields of the table(s) to
which it originally linked, which you may or may not want to reveal.

If you send me the ODB file in private (alex.thurgood <at> gmail.com), I
can assure you it will remain confidential (I'm an attorney).

Alex