On 09/15/2011 07:41 AM, Jonathon Waterman wrote:
Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit Home edition

Previously I had LibreOffice 3.4.3 installed on my computer, but uninstalled
it when I was not able to get the Synonyms in Write  to work the way in did
in version 3.4.2.

I wanted to go back and re-install version 3.4.2 - but have not been able to
locate the installation files.

So I concluded I would have to re-install 3.4.3. However, now when I try to
install either version 3.4.3  I get the error "The feature you are trying to
use is on a network resource that is unavailable, /click OK to try again, or
enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package
"libreoffice34.msi" in the box below.

The box below - does contain the specific path to this file and even if do
an installation from a different drive/folder - I get the same error.

The error that you are getting isn't specific to LO, see:
<http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=%22The+feature+you+are+trying+to+use+is+on+a+network+resource+that+is+unavailable%2C+%2Fclick+OK+to+try+again%2C+or+enter+an+alternate+path+to+a+folder+containing+the+installation+package+%22libreoffice34.msi%22&pbx=1&oq=%22The+feature+you+are+trying+to+use+is+on+a+network+resource+that+is+unavailable%2C+%2Fclick+OK+to+try+again%2C+or+enter+an+alternate+path+to+a+folder+containing+the+installation+package+%22libreoffice34.msi%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=11742700l11742700l1l11742935l1l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=d5bc1e92224c5138&biw=1280&bih=741>

If I hit OK - I then get the following error:

The file "the installation drive/folder" is not a valid installation package
for the product LibreOffice 3.4. Try to find the installation package
"libreoffice34.msi" in a folder from which you can install LibreOffice 3.4.

The file and folder being used is on my "C" drive and this is not problem
accessing files on the drive or folder.

Note: If I cancel the installation - I get: Error 1714. The older version of
libreOffice 3.4 cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.

Download 3.4.2 from here:
<http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/stable/3.4.2/win/x86/>
[LibO_3.4.2_Win_x86_install_multi.exe]
<http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/stable/3.4.2/win/x86/LibO_3.4.2_Win_x86_install_multi.exe>

Reinstall (ensure quickstarter is off for OOo), and then uninstall using
the Control Panel.

Because of this problem - I have had to use OpenOffice, but would prefer to
use LibreOffice.

Why would I be getting this error and how can it be fixed?

You are getting the error because 3.4.2 didn't get uninstalled properly.