On 9/11/2011 10:37 AM, Tinkerer wrote:
Spencer

The early version of MSO for the Mac left a lot to be desired, so I tried
OOo.

Fifteen years ago, I had compatibility problems with MS Word on PCs and on Macs: Microsoft was not even compatible with itself across platforms. That was a problem, because my primary collaborator at that time loved Mac equipment. He was in a university environment, and it was substantially more expensive for me to pay for that, so I stayed with PC compatibles and suffered the compatibility problems.

That was about six years ago.
I very quickly graduated onto NeoOffice, a great improvement, then when the
Doc F was founded I moved to LO.
I am treasurer of a society and whilst I am knowledgeable of the members
requirements, the officers of other societies are often an unknown quantity.
Libre 3.4.3 fulfils all my requirements, mainly with writer, calc and the
occasional presentation.
It has never let me down and I have received no complaints.
I keep everything I do in Libre format. What I receive I keep in the format
it arrived in and as I said, I am happy to supply to others in whatever
format they prefer.
If you find MSO easier then that is your privilege.
I haven't touched MSO on a PC since I retired eighteen years ago, so I don't
have your experience.

MSO 97 is easier for me, but I don't have it, because it's no longer available. Rather pay for having to relearn where MS has hidden all the controls with the new version, I can to Open Office and then LibreOffice. Spencer

Tink.

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.