On 2011-09-08 1:12 PM  Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Look, the interspersed answers from Larry are practically unidentifiable from the message.  By
posting at the top (or bottom) it would have been clearer which were your answers.
Every line of the post I am replying to has a > in front of it if
using a plain text reader. In thunderbird as I have it configured
there is a coloured vertical line before all of the text I am
replying to and not in front of my reply.

Whether that shows up is a function of what MUA you use to read the
message, or perhaps what the list software does. I use Mutt and your
posts show a ">" before the first character of the first line of quote
and a "+" before each subsequent line of the quoted passage. Also, you
don't isolate the quote from what you write with one or more blank
lines top and bottom. This adds to the confusion, at least for me.

I was giving specific
answers to each part of your post. Interspersing makes it clear what
specific point I was responding to.

True.

--
Bob Holtzman