2011/8/27 Twayne <TWAYNE@twaynesdomain.com>:
In news:CADo7T4fptxqVHz5BNKSwHGdgAPfFCznRRo43phwsB1Bs52HxEA@mail.gmail.com,
Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com> typed:
2011/8/25 Maria Rechnitzer <rrrahora@gmail.com>:
Dear Support,

This is the LibreOffice users' list. It's not a real
support. We are
just users who help each other out. You can ask questions
and you can
reply to other people's question if you like.

I'm well aware of maling lists, forums and newsgroups etc.. I use NNTP
instead of the mailing list for what are normally obvious reasons to most,
not the least of which is not getting a mass of unrelated to anything I care
about from a mailing list. A mailing list can be great for a newbie just
trying to pull as much info as they can about as many subjects as they can,
but you can't beat NNTP for its conciseness and ablity to easly pick
responsed to a post almost instantly. Mailinig lists can quickly become
irritating. Add to that the management capabilities and no gui waste as with
forums, and you have what I still consder the best listing tool around. As
long as the list vs newsgroup processes to work, it's the best of all worlds
due to the many displays possible in a group reader.

Well, I don't think my comment was meant for you, but maybe I totally
misunderstand what you are saying here (English is of course not my
native language, that's why it look very strange sometimes).

If you plan to write here again, you should subscribe to
the list.

That's fine for you, but realize that what you like isn't necessarly
anyonre/everyone else's cup of tea.

I guess I should have written ”could” instead of ”should” or
something, I don't know.
Anyway, I have always said that if someone is not subscribed it's not
my problem that he or she doesn't receive my replies. People didn't
like that kind of attitude, so now I changed that; I even added that
address to the ”To:” field, to make sure that my reply would reach the
right person.
I guess I now need to find a third way of doing it, but I'm not sure
what's left. Well, I know one thing: Not replying at all. That's quick
and easy and doesn't annoy anyone. I think I'll go with that until I
find something better. Thanks for your advice.

Then you will get all the replies to your questions
directly in your
inbox, also from those who didn't added your email
address in the
b To:b  field manually, like I just didb& You will also
get other peoples questions, but that is how email lists
work. Some people, who are
subscribed to many email lists, like myself, have a
special email
account for email lists only. That's probably not
necessary in most
cases, I just mentioned it as a tipb&

No, not for me. I have more to do than scan mailing lists looking for my
post responses when I can have them pointed out to me automatically and all
grouped together. When I have a question, I DO NOT CARE to see other
answers; I might if  I were a newbie and had lots of time avalable, but I
don't.
This is only my opinion, but some of the advice you gave leaves a little to
be desired.

I'm not even sure it's right to call it advice. I just throw my crap
at the nearest place, obviously.

when word processing in microsoft office (doc or xls)
there is a strikethrough feature that allows you to mark
words that you want to delete but stIll keep them in the
text, e.g. strikethrough.
I was not able to find this feature in Libre Office
(also not in former Open Office). Is there such a
feature? If not I suggest to add it next to the bold,
italic and underline feature.

You can do that yourself. Here is how:

As  I said in my prevous posting, you can underline, overline,
strike-thru,double-strike-thru, use colors with them and so on in Writer at
the program's location I  gave.

Also note how clunky your post looks below because I only read posts in
Plain Text and nothing else. I respectfully advise that you should post and
e-mail also in Plain Text unless there is some compelling reason not to.
It's even a good idea to have anything that's 8-bit dropped to the floor
just to prevent any type of unintended code execution in the body of an
e-mail.

I guess I totally misunderstood what's ”plain text”. I thought it was
the same as ”not formatted” text. Only enter text, not formatted in
any way. Everything I type is plain UTF-8 text, which is 8 bits in the
most common cases, but a lot of characters requires two or even three
bytes. Are you really suggesting to use 7-bit text? In that case you
can only write in English, so what about when I write to the
LibreOffice mailing list in my language? Three of our letters in our
alphabet doesn't exist in 7-bit text, and they are VERY commonly used
in my language. And with 7 bits none of the eastern Asian countries,
like China, Japan and more, could write to a mailing list. For me it
is UTF-8 or nothing, so I guess I just have to unsubscribe to all
mailing lists then. Well, I could do that. It might actually be a very
good idea; I might even get some real things done.

  With Plain Text, you don't get the Unicode or Mime problems that go along
with 8-bit e-mails.

I don't know what ”Mime” is, but so far I never saw any Unicode
problems, at least not more than there seems to be some really old
stuff out there that doesn't support it, but that's not my problem
anyway, it's theirs.

HTH,

Twayne`

I don't know what HTH is, but I could look it up.
Aaah… it could be a lot of things…
Heavy Transport Helicopter
Helix-turn-helix
High-Test Hypochlorite