Am 25.08.2011 20:27, L O wrote:
I am surprised that Base is not a database program. I thought it was meant
to be something like MS Access? Why is it included then in Libre Office?

I am also trying to create a database in Base (as I did before in Access),
however I also run into problems I never had when using Access...

Raymond

Access is named Access because it lets you access databases. MS Access is one of the best frontend tools for databases. In this respect you can use it very much in the same way as Base. Unfortunately, 90% of its users try to use the built-in JET database engine instead of a professional and portable one.

The main difference between Access and Base amounts to a decade of development and several millions of Dollars.