Yuan Yuan schrieb:
Hi,

I'm a first-time Base user who ran into a serious problem almost right
away.

I created a new database with one table with only a handful of fields.

What kind of data base engine do you use? When you have opened the odb-file you see it left in the status bar. I guess it is "Embedded database HSQL database engine".

Do you have set a primary key for your table? Without it, you cannot work with the table.

used the wizard to create a form for that table and tried to add records
to it. I was only able to add one record; when I tried to save the
second record, I received an 'out of memory' error, SQL status S1000,
error code 72. I also received this error when I tried to add a record
using Table Data View instead of the form.

I run LibreOffice inside a VM, where the virtual hard disk has 2 gb of
free space and the VM has 1.5 gb ram. I haven't touched the LibreOffice
memory settings. I haven't had any memory problems with other
LibreOffice applications.

Do you have choosen a JRE in LibO? Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Java.

When you will work with Base, you need some basics about data bases in general. Do you have worked with other data bases already?

Kind regards
Regina