Yes, it is weird. I'm doing just exactly what the Help says to do to accomplish this. Both for
merging and un-merging.
I saw in another posting someone had a problem with their Spellchecker "disappearing". I have had
this problem twice since moving from OO to LO. Spellchecker was working and then all of sudden I
noticed, no matter what I was entering, I wasn't getting ANY red squiggly lines. So would
intentionally misspell a word, and no red squiggly line. Go check my settings in "writing aids",
and I don't show ANY dictionaries available. I'm using what is supposed to be the default ones
installed with the program. Have to reinstall it. So, what's making it disappear????
I have also had an "install" problem with the last 2 "production ready" installers. To begin with,
my download program has a place to enter to MD5 to check the download. After the download is
complete, you enter the MD5, hit enter and if you download is good a red check appears next to the
download. It always shows OK. Then at a point where the install is at end of doing its thing, it
freezes - it stops. You can't close it, but it also freezes CPU usage at 50%. I open Process
Explorer and the installer "bin" file is using 50% CPU. It will stay there as long as I am willing
to leave it and the only way to stop this whole thing is by killing the bin file process. Then I
get my computer back. After all is said and done, it appears the install is complete. I have done
this multiple times, and the same thing happens every time. I've used a new download and nothing
changes. Another "mystery"????
Roxy

Hi :)

I don't know the answer.  It's a weird problem that shouldn't be happening.  We
have had a few problems like that in 3.4.0 but it's odd to have a problem in
3.3.2.

Normally when you merge cells it takes the contents of just 1 of those cells.
If more than 1 of the cells have contents then the program has difficulty
choosing which contents to combine or not or exclude or how to combine.  The
results can be unpredictable.  Excel used to just throw up an error message
similar to the one where you try to paste contents into a cell that already
contains something.

If Calc's behaviour was predictable in previous releases then perhaps
re-installing LO or even better, just renaming the profile, might be enough to
fix the problem.  I was hoping that someone who know specifically Calc would
answer but a few people seem to have been thrown by the lists change of address
on Friday.

Regards from
Tom :)