I did something like that using WordStar years ago, to make help files of pages that fit on 24 x 80
screens.  I also used database reports with markup around the fields that turned the text into RTF
when I printed the text to disk.  Here are some observations that may give you some ideas:

 1. The hard part is the 300-word chunks.  If you really mean exactly 300 words (and not the
average writing assumption of the space that 300 5-character words take), you need to process the
text file in some sort of program that inserts separators of some kind every 300 words.

 2. If you mean 300 words on the average, what is considered an average amount of text on a page in
a paper, you can set up the document to have pages that fit 300 words of text on the average.  Just
fiddle with the margins until the right amount is on a page after you load up the text as a
document.

 3 Then you can experiment with the File | Send > Create HTML Document to see if it will make a set
of web pages for you.  My experience is that the converter for this is very flaky, but it might
work for the text you have if it is simple.

 4. Another solution is to get the page size to where it holds 300 words of text and then save it
as text (not text encoding, which you can try, but just .text).

 5. Then to make separators, you can create page headings and footer that insert something like the
literal characters "<p>" at the top of the page and "</p>" at the bottom of the page. (Pray that
the Save As ... .text keeps headers and footers.)

 6. Rename as .html and look at it in your browser.  Most of the extra white space will go away and
you'll have those blocks of words as HTML paragraphs.  You might be able to load the .html into
LibreOffice Writer and resave it as HTML to clean it up.

(Warning: If your text has "&", "<", and ">" characters in it, you'll have to do more to prevent
them appearing in the HTML in a way that has them be mistaken as markup and treated incorrectly.)

 - Dennis