I've upgraded 5 computers so far from Ubuntu 10.10 to 11.04, all with wide screen monitors, and have not had any issues at all with screen display. Four systems were upgraded using the traditional procedure. One was upgraded using the live CD. I tried doing a second one with the live CD, and I could not get 11.04 to open to run it as a live CD. I usually check to see if there are any issues. It would get to the point where I should have the desktop displaying, but it never displayed. I didn't take time to try to figure out why the screen didn't display. I figured it might have been some issue with the CD itself, but I don't know. So I ran the upgrade the traditional way on that system with no problems at all.

I starting using Ubuntu with 8.10, and have upgraded to each version so far. I upgrade because of the continuous improvements which seem to come, and the improvement in the Linux kernel and drivers with each version. 10.04 was the only one I really had some issues with. So far 11.04 seems to work really well. It will take a little time to get used to Unity. I will like the side bar. I will miss the lack of applets on the top panel, but I see there are some other types which can be installed which I will try as time permits. I do have one issue with Libre Office Base not opening with the icon placed in the side panel. I will send that out as a separate issue.

Don