Le 02/05/11 16:59, Tod Hopkins a écrit :

Hi Tod,

Just begun working with Base, 3.3.2.  Cannot set default field values because the Save function
stops working if you add a value to any "default" field.  When you add a default value, the Save
icon is "enabled" but clicking has no effect.  The icon remains enabled.  And you can't close the
edit window because you can't save changes.

Deleting the default value allows you to save.  Other changes did not trigger the problem.  The
default values were valid.  I tried many variations and I am quite certain some, at least, were
perfectly valid entries.

Can anyone replicate this?

Hmmm, I can't remember whether I was able to set default values before
with OOo or not : did you use OOo previously, and if so, did it work
then, and with which version ?

I seem to recall that there were issues with setting default values in
OOo 3.2.x, but I can't remember whether these were addressed in the
3.3.x development (which corresponds mainly to current LibO versions).

Also, I assume you are referring to a native HSQLDB database, and not
trying to set defaults via some connector (ODBC/JDBC/MySQL) to an
external db server instance ?

Alex