John

On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 15:25 -0400, John Shabanowitz wrote:

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi :)

Our Documentation Team will need volunteers that have some understanding of
Base.

There is likely to be help available in transferring OpenOffice's community
documentation into our Alfresco content management system.  Documentation
goes
through a series of stages before reaching proof-reading.  A document is
downloaded from Alfresco, edited in Writer or something and then
re-uploaded
either to the same stage or moving it on one stage until it reaches final
proof-reading.  Screen-shots can't be done in Windows but that still leaves
lot of small edits that can make a huge difference.

If anyone following or involved in this thread is willing to give it a try
then
please feel free to join the documentation teams mailing list.

Regards from
Tom :)

Why can't Windows screen shots be accepted for the documentation? Is the
Windows
version of LibO that much different from the Linux and Mac versions?

John

I am not sure what he meant, a screenshot will show the information
common to both. If a Linux of Mac screen shot is used you might need to
edit it to avoid confusing a Windows user who is not familiar with those
desktops
--
Jay Lozier
Jslozier@gmail.com