On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 8:33 AM, <timi@iafrica.com> wrote:

This forum is pathetic.

Actually, it is a mailing list. And sadly, it is not the list that is
pathetic. It is the fact that some people have difficulty following simple
instructions.

15% of emails are related to "un-subscribe" issues. I do not need my mail
box clogged up with such kuk.

It is not only your email that is cluttered with this "kuk"(?). And it is
not just this list that suffers from this problem. It would be a bit much to
expect that someone who cannot read the simple instructions for
un-subscription from the list that is at the bottom of each and every
message posted to the list to NOT hi-jack the thread to vent their
frustration at their own inability to read what is in front of them and
follow simple instructions.

If un-subscribe doesn't work then what chance is there that bugs in Impress
will ever get sorted

Un-subscribe works. "Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
users+help@libreoffice.org". What doesn't seem to work is the comprehension
level of common people.

Powerpoint 2003 all is forgiven. I only have to convert MP3 back to wav...

OK. Whatever THAT has to do with anything.

Thanks to email filtering 95% of all forum panty wetting goes into the trash
bin.

Setting up a filter takes a few more steps than sending a blank email to
users+help@libreoffice.org. But if it works for you I'm sure it works for
the rest of us.

The remaining 5% is sometimes interesting (thanks Tom).

The list is here for those who need help and for those who get satisfaction
from helping others. This triviality is no more annoying to you than it is
to the rest. But some have accepted the fact that some folks simply can't
follow simple instructions. And, to me, aside from the hoards who can't
unsubscribe themselves without making a fuss about it, this list is 100%
interesting.

Journos should be banned or shut up.

Pot calls kettle black.

An MS licence payer

And a proud member of the unthinking slaves to capitalism.

I apologize to the list if I seem frustrated by this. I usually just ignore
these messages. But folks who insult the FOSS community get under my skin...
as if paying money actually gets a product without problems. And I have
tried to get help in the past from companies who sell licenses, like the
Mega$oft group. They don't hold a candle to the speed and quality of the
assistance offered by lists such as this one. But there will always be poor
deluded slaves who think otherwise.

Now, I have wasted your time with this tirade just as those who can't
understand simple processes have, and for this I also apologize. But I am
now done. Thank you.