On 02/09/2011 09:53 AM, plino wrote:
Yes, you are right. I failed to notice the "_de" detail but if you read this
thread you are now aware that there is a wiki page on this subject ;)

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing#Documents_and_Resources

This is the link I finally found that has a list of the files on a DVD for distribution.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=User:MagicFab/LibODVD

This is part of what I need. Of course, most of the links for DVD labels and DVD cases are shown in German, which is where the site is originally from. I can develop my own labels, since I prefer using Light Scribe disks over the paper labels. I find that paper labels "bubble up" after a year or two. I have a number of DVDs that had to be thrown out due to this problem. With Light Scribe, I have no paper label, but it is monochrome and it takes time to burn the label onto the surface of the disk. Also Light Scribe does not have a 64-bit version for Linux. I will have to use my Vista laptop any my external DVD burner to do the job. Also the media is hard to find sometimes. Still it is better than dealing with bubbly paper labels if they sit around for awhile.

To be honest, most of my CDs and DVDs issued to friends and family, plus some old clients, have "marker labels" instead of printed ones. Saves time and money for those who do not care if it is a nice printed label. One day I hope to get an ink-jet printer to print directly onto the label area of the discs. Now that would be the best solution, but my HP PSC is still a good working all-in-one printer to offset my colored laser printer. By-the-By, do not use colored laser printers for most disc labels. The toner can "peal" off the paper too often for safe use.