On 08/12/2010 20:18, webmaster@krackedpress.com wrote:
[cut]

I know for OOo, you need to install the main DEBs and then need to
install the DEB menu or desktop integration file[s].  They are in
separate folders and must be done separately.

It depends upon the location to which they are extracted.

It that what you mean by installing twice?

I never seen the dpkg -iR ./DEBS terminal command before. Of course,
I have little references to the terminal in my thick Ubuntu book.  It
has been a long while I have used a command line based command
system.  It has been since PC-DOS days for desktops and DEC and IBM
mainframe days for the other systems.  So I need to learn Ubuntu's
terminal commands and how to use them correctly.

dpkg --help will answer all questions. This is a function of dpkg and is nothing to do with Ubuntu. Suffice to say, the 'R' option causes dpkg to recursively install all .debs is the target directory.

Peter HB