Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: LibreOffice Mascot

Yes, but let us not take ourselves tooooo seriously.

Once upon a time everyone thought that weird little little "Tux" thingy
was frivolous, but today major corporations, governments and evil
establishment 3 letter agencies take it and embrace it as their weapon
(Oops! tool) of choice.

No doubt the Oracle BoD is terribly embarrassed by that stupid little
Java "Duke" character. Not to ignore the sleepless nights Don Trump and
the entire US nation must have about using the representation of a
(approaching extinction) "dicky bird" as their national mascot.

As someone who has spent time in remote locations inhabited by these
birds, I can tell you first-hand they are determined, tenacious and
feisty "little beggars", a bit like that bunch of "rebellious rabble"
who started LO/TDF.

That said, my vote (if I had one) would go to the designer who could
make something out of the gazelle concept.

IMNSHO opinion the required skill here is to come up with something
representative and if it has a humorous aspect, so much the better. We
bend over backwards to have a website landing page that is "all
encompassing" with terms such as "Fun Project" and "Fantastic People",
so why should our proposed mascot not reflect those same values and
principles?

Dave