I would love to be marketing contact for the U.S.
On Oct 12, 2010, at 5:55 PM, Graham Lauder wrote:

On Wednesday 13 Oct 2010 11:20:01 Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
If someone thinks Canada is a small market, try Australia -- or New
Zealand! Even together, we're not a large mob. On the other hand, we
really don't fit in with the other English-speaking markets in many
ways, and we do have relevant local events and organisations to
consider, such as Linux.conf.au. So a local marketing group could be
useful -- assuming there are enough of us to form a group.

I am not offering to be a marketing contact; I'm much too busy with
documentation, and I don't like talking being a media contact anyway.
I do enjoy being a booth being at events and helping out behind the
scenes, and of course as an opinionated senior citizen I can be relied
on to offer my opinion (or in some cases, "stir" as we call it).

Other than Graham Lauder from NZ, I have no idea how many Aus-NZ people
are active here at TDF. I did notice Alex Fisher's strongly negative
comments on the OOo Marketing list.

Graham and others, what do you think?

Cheers, Jean

Hi Jean

I think that's a brilliant Idea.

In fact how about a Western Pacific group. Looking at reasonably close
timezones,  say from WA time to IDT. That includes China Standard Time so
brings Peter Junge in Beijing into the mix as well as Singapore Shanghai and
Japan and all of Oz and NZ of course over a five hour span.  Add another hour
past IDT and we add Hawaii as well

Thinking on a larger scale, that makes Singapore or Darwin or Shanghai or Ho
Chi Minh or Seoul or Honolulu excellent sites for a Zone conference.  :)

Is Jonothan Coombes still active about the place.

Cheers

Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Assessor Trainer
(International Grades in Open Technologies)
www.theingots.org