Le 2010-10-12 13:07, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :
Hello everyone,

Le Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:55:53 -0400,
Drew Jensen<drew@baseanswers.com>  a écrit :

On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 12:43 -0400, Benjamin Horst wrote:
Thanks, Alexandro.

Two possible starting points: request a new mailing list, or create
a wiki page.

Next step: brainstorm marketing activities and choose one or two to
work on.

Drew's been leading this so far, so he'll have the most background
and can share his thoughts on what's next, too.

-Ben

Operative word there is "so far"...just trying to prime the pump.

I did ask for a mailing list, but given that the wiki is up (didn't
quite expect that)...maybe that isn't needed or maybe just a generic
Events ML makes more sense. Opinions?

Make use the wiki for sure? Absolutely.

Finally - there is an iron in the fire already - but sine it involves
another organization and isn't quite finalized yet, it's a bit
premature to make a public announcement I think.

I'll send one more email to the list that was assembled, adding the
new names to it today - touch base with the steering committee, after
some feedback from that email and see about getting to the spot where
we can start planning this in the open, in the next couple of days.

We can also set up a mailing list, sorry we've been a bit messy on that
(next time request a wiki and we'll get you a mailing list :p)

As a side note, I would rather like to see one specific group for the
US market, because we've always been very, very weak there, even if it
means have another group for Mexico and one for Canada, but I'm just a
lousy European, so don't take my advice as an educated guess..

Best

Charles.

Drew

Hi Charles:

Maybe if we combined to start off as we are only 43 million people in Canada, pretty small compared to US and the sharing of marketing materials may make more sense with us. We can maybe split off later as we gain more tools/resources. We Canadians would be starting literally from point zero.

Anyone from Mexico for an opinion? Was there a Mexican OpenOffice.org group?

Marc