Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [tdf-discuss] LibO program icon brainstorming

Hi Bernhard, all,

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Bernhard Dippold
<bernhard@familie-dippold.at> wrote:
> Hi Christoph, all
>[...]
>> And by the way: I also included "yellow color idea" and updated the
>> proposal which is based on your proposal ...

Some of the colors that have been chosen are quite difficult to work
with design-wise, especially the flourescent greens.

> Saw it - but didn't have the time to post a message requesting integration
> in the official LibreOffice color palette...
>
> I think this color will fit well and allow us to come back to the
> sub-application colors I already used for the mimetype icon draft [1] and an
> idea for a LibO-Box (DVD) [2].

I couldn't resist the topic of colors and icons. Mirek's post
regarding the Elementary (MS)office mimetypes is spot on - they really
are fantastic and they make great use of color (which, as we know from
past experience, is important :)) [1]. So, I tried creating something
along those lines with the current LibreOffice colors and the results
are far too saturated [2]. Desaturating and darkening the colors might
help a little (see the second set of icons), but I still think better
colors could be chosen. Of course, the design itself needs more work,
but I think the main idea is there :)

Regards,
Ivan.

[1] http://clickortap.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/the-best-office-icons-i-know/