Hi Ivan, Marc, all,

Ivan M. schrieb:
Hi Marc, Christoph, all,

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Marc Paré<marc@marcpare.com>  wrote:
[...]

I actually like the LibO green. It is refreshing and NOT blue. I know that
blue is usually picked for its psychological feeling of calmness, but the
LibO green is a nice departure of this.

+1 - it's a good choice. That said, some of the main color variations
(mainly the greens [1]) are IMO potentially going to be difficult to
work with...

Could you provide better color tones for the lighter greens (and others?). Even if it would be possible to change them later too, the sooner the better for everybody using these colors for her/his artwork and design.

and since the colors at [1] already correspond to
application colors: blue for writer, green for calc, etc, it'd be nice
to get that continuity in the color pallet (though that might make
people think that Calc is the main program in the office suite :P).

That has been the main reason to propose to add the Yellow (now included in the color table). I think LibreYellow1 is too brownish and therefore too near to LibreMarron1, that's why I used LibreYellow2 as Draw color.

BTW: I don't think that having one sub-application in the main color is a real problem - having three different blue tones in OOo (logo color, main icon and writer) caused some problems there...

Best regards

Bernhard

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Color_Table

PS: There is another icon proposal at the wiki: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas#proposal3
Does anybody know who is Clio, its designer ?
(http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Clio)