Hi Telesto,

        Thanks for engaging and sparking discussion here. There is much that is
interesting but this:

On 24/10/2020 09:49, Telesto wrote:
And I assume there are some difference between CIB <-> Collabora (except
the name), but I'm surely not knowing what that should be. I mean it, I really
don't know! Between LibreOffice and Powered Editions I can get it.
But even that - LibreOffice by partners being more mature (or older)
editions - not that obvious.
Is CIB better compared to Collabora? Or visa versa? Is there no
difference, but why two versions? I'm still confused here> As a user I would think, did I buy the
right one. [Looking at it regular
user perspective; as they Editions being sold in app stores to general
public too]

        is a brilliant description of the fundamental problems of sub-brand
differentiation. If there is a shared commodity enterprise brand:

        LibreOffice Enterprise powered by DidYouGetThisFar ?
vs.
        LibreOffice Enterprise powered by EllipsizedAgesAgo

        we create confusion, we don't allow strong vendor brands, and we
inevitably create just another FLOSS commodity: LibreOffice Enterprise
for which the price tends to zero. I think any ingredient brand has to
go in the other direction eg. "Foo Office powered by LibreOffice
technology" So Foo can be known, and differentiate from Baa - that's my
2 cents.

        As for the other comments in the thread about avoiding tags that make
users think something is missing if they're deploying LibreOffice
en-masse outside eg. a personal use setting.

        Surely this is entirely the point.

        TDF's purpose is not per-se to build a valuable product brand.

        The purpose of the proposed tag is moral suasion: to encourage the vast
number of people who use the software without contributing to contribute
either financially or directly themselves. This is not a message aimed
at people who read this list =)

        And of course, anyone competent can drop a file somewhere that changes
the splash / about or whatever if they're annoyed as now.

        At least that was what I thought the idea of the marketing plan is/was.
There are of course other ways of achieving similar goals.

        The tags I've seen sequentially suggested were:

'unsupported' -> 'home' -> 'personal' -> 'community' -> ''

        ATB,

                Michael.