So I wrote a first draft of a script; short and simple
----
LibreOffice 6.2 will be the second release to offer multi-core threading as
a standard feature.

With threading support spreadsheet calculation performance is significantly
enhanced.

In this video we will use an example file from the Architectural profession.

Our example spreadsheet contains 234,000 data points used to compute ETTV
(Envelope Thermal Transfer Value) for an entire building.

We are using a representative office computer with AMD 4 core processor and
8GB of ram and Ubuntu 18.04 operating system.

A full recalc of the Building Design spreadsheet using LibreOffice 6.0.7
takes 50.14 sec,
the same file using LibreOffice 6.2.0, with multi-core threading, only
12.06 seconds.

A 75.95% performance increase!
---

Used my poor quality microphone capture of reading the script and got it
down to 42 seconds.

Put a a nightly rush video to that https://youtu.be/suRcgtBos9A

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 1:22 PM Drew Jensen <drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com>