Hello,

As discussed during the Marketing Strategy Workshop, we would like to draw on the Design team experience and move most of (many at least) of our activities on RedMine (1). We already have a space there (2), mostly populated by the issue tracker. Remember, since several months, RedMine handles every issue that is not related to the LibreOffice code so teams like marketing, design, website, etc. already work there.

** Experiment goals:
To improve efficiency for the marketing team, connect easily with other teams, have a more practical set of tools. The Design Team has now fully transitioned to RedMine, including its wiki, and is seeing a real productivity boost (3) .

** Rationale and experiment specifics

1. Public Marketing List ShutDown
The marketing list carries little of our current workflow; in fact, most of it has gone to the RedMine issue tracker already. On top of this, the marketing list is not read by most of the people concerned by marketing activities, namely the native-lang projects worldwide. PR coordination happens on the private list and to a lesser extent on IRC for meetings. The marketing list, just like any list, requires administration work, i.e. moderation. There's a lot of spam arriving, usually in waves, and it requires the approval or refusal of incoming mails (spam, unsubscribed posters, etc.)

The suggestion for the experiment is to stop using the public marketing list completely for one month, and to rely on the Issue tracker of RedMine meanwhile. The main idea here is to move our activities entirely to a task-based workflow for the team. PR announcements coordination can continue to be handled via the private list and IRC for meetings (note that RedMine can have private spaces and subprojects); anything else, such as discussions, would happen on the discuss list and for cross-project awareness on the project mailing list.

RedMine has the ability to embed forums, that look a lot like issue tracker posts. It is an option worth considering in the future, but at the moment I suggest we do without it.

2. New Wiki

I am personally not entirely sold on this one, but we are in a situation where the marketing wiki pages are quite numerous, yet completely chaotic, and often outdated. We can think about cleaning these wiki pages, but given their amount we may consider to start a fresh with a new wiki. I'm not suggesting that we open twenty new wiki pages on RedMine tomorrow, but that we use it for a month if we need it.

** Expected results:

- increased efficiency
- less maintenance (for us, not necessarily for the infra team ;-)  )
- increased clarity in terms of resources, contacts, etc.
- task-based workflow (partially achieved already)

I'll leave everyone until the end of the week (2 days roughly) to think about it and comment here.

Thanks,

Charles.
(1)  https://redmine.documentfoundation.org
(2)  https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/projects/marketing