On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:

A few q's:
* How much would a full set of books cost?
* How easy is it to order the full set for a given release?
* Is there anything our docs don't (currently) cover?

The printed copies of the user guides are published by Friends of
OpenDocument through Lulu.com.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/opendocument

The cost of a full set of books is around $100 retail, plus postage.
However, Friends of OpenDocument are happy to place orders at
wholesale prices for people wanting to use these books for marketing
purposes, though we need to be reimbursed for the actual cost from the
Marketing budget or whoever is doing the ordering. I will look up the
wholesale cost of a set of books and post that here later. Lulu has
printers in several countries, so you would usually be paying local
postage, not overseas rates.

No release of LO has a full set of books. A set for v4.x might contain
some for v4.0, some for v4.1, and (next year) some for v4.2. (At the
moment, a set would also include Calc v3.4, but a Calc v4.1 book
should be done soon.)

At this point, all components are covered: Getting Started, Writer,
Calc, Draw, Impress, Math, Base.

--Jean

Following up...
Wholesale price of full set of books would be approx. $75 plus postage.

--Jean

BTW, you can check what the latest books are by going to
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/

I am sometimes a day or two late updating that page after publishing a
new book, but it's otherwise usually up to date.

--Jean