I would like to propose that we organize a yearly, and, official "Inform your local library of LibreOffice Documentation 'Month'" where we would enlist the help of our members/users into visiting/contacting their local libraries to make sure that there are copies of the latest LibreOffice docs on their shelves.

If you think this to be a good idea, we could make sure that this monthly "event" would be scheduled yearly, posted on our events calendar as a "repeated event" so that it not be forgotten.

I am just wondering if there are any foreseeable problems that we could avoid/fix if we were to initiate such a project?

The calendar month would have to be strategically picked in order to maximize the probability of a library having the funds to purchase a set of docs for their shelves. For example in N.America, academic library budgets (public schools, colleges, universities) will run from June-May and most departments will get a notice that book acquisitions should be placed by end of the month of February-end of March; however most local public libraries budgets are based on the calendar year, and acquisitions are generally made throughout the year. IMO, in these cases, I would suggest the month of February or March would be good picks for this type of appeal.

We would then use the month to collectively call on Libraries to purchase at least one copy of the set of LibreOffice docs for their shelves ... and hopefully a few more copies of the more popular modules such as Writer.

Any ideas/comments? We would have enough time to prepare to pick the month to promote the push.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com